Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'M BACK!!


Hey everyone, I am back home, as of last night.
 
My dad is still with us!  Praise God! Miracles never cease!!
 
He is a fighter I will tell you that. The doctors have been amazed that he has survived this long, but we know God hears prayers.  However, the doctor treating him informed us that he will never leave ICU and his kidneys are not going to get any better, etc.  His heart is what caused all his organs to start shutting down. Today they are going to run a painless test to see if surgery is an option, if not, they have given my dad six months to live, that's all.  His heart is severely disease. I trust in God's Will.
 
I spent almost every waking moment with my dad with little rest and it was worth it. He has such a wonderful personality and all the doctors and nurses just adored his optimistic attitude and how he loves to joke around with them, even through the pain, and discomfort my dad kept his spirits high. He has such an awesome personality. He makes everyone laugh.
 
No one thought he was going to make it, which is why I left so abruptly, they basically informed us that we would be coming home to a funeral but God had other plans and daddy is still here fighting the good fight.  He still does his daily prayers and devotional, 3x a day, which I got to enjoy with him while my sisters read them to him. 

My last night in El Paso, I was blessed to be completely alone with him for hours helping the nurse take care of him and read scriptures to him.  It was the hardest thing saying goodbye to my dad. I cried all over him. His poor head was soaked with my tears. :(  Wow! That was soooo.... hard.
 
So right now, he is in God's great hands.
 
Thank you for the prayers, God worked great miracles!  I wish I could share a lot more, but know God truly heard.
 
Whatever happens now is in the Lord's hands and I will trust in Him.

It feels good to be back, my boys missed me!! Lots of hugs and kisses. But I realized how much I missed my hometown and did NOT want to leave it. Had REAL Mexican food, oh yummmmm..... And they got snow today!  Sweet.

I'll tell you all one thing I noticed, my allergies and sinus problems disappeared in the dry desert air. 

A lot happened but this would be a book.  

I am so happy and sad at the same time.
 
Next post....POLITICS!!  I have a LOT of catching up to do.

12 comments:

Malcolm Bondon said...

Best wishes to your dad, you and the rest of your family. Having to watch a loved one go through a serious illness is never easy.

Leticia said...

Malcolm, it was and still is very difficult, especially when I had to come back home. I hated leaving my dad so weak and sick. But my children needed me and I also missed a lot of work.

I just couldn't afford to stay. But I intend to go back soon.

Thank you for your kindness.

Right Truth said...

I'm so glad for you and your family. Enjoy every day you have.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Leticia said...

Debbie, I have. I miss my dad, that it feels weird not seeing him every day. I got some video footage and pictures.

Now, praying for a miracle for a full recovery.

Always On Watch said...

Leticia,
The Lord's blessings are infinite.

Silverfiddle said...

I'm so glad to hear it, Leticia.

We are all in God's hands, all of the time! It takes something like this to remind us of it.

Darth Bacon said...

It's so goog to see that you Re back.
All the best to you and your fily on the New Year.

Leticia said...

Isn't God so good!! Thank you all. I will probably rile up some liberal tomorrow about the DOMA or something of the sort.

Bob said...

That was good news. My prayers are with you and your father.

Teresa said...

Welcome back Leticia! You, your dad, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a miracle. I am so glad that you were able to spend time with your dad.

Right Wing Theocrat said...

Didn't know about your dad Leticia, hope he fights on. May God bless you both.

Leticia said...

Thank you, MK. Please keep praying for him.