Thursday, December 27, 2012

Announcement....



Hey everyone, I am typing this with a very heavy and broken heart.

I got the news that my dad will probably not survive and I must travel home and  say my final "goodbye."  *tears* I am crying right now. 

This is probably one of my most greatest challenges I have ever faced because I have never lost anyone close to me before and it's my daddy.

I am not sure when I will be back to blogging, maybe a week or more. But I didn't want anyone to think I just quit blogging. 

So, for now, this video will be up until I return.  

It is probably one of my most favorite songs that I love to worship to and I feel peace when I sing and sign it.  Dixie Carter, I believe did the best rendition of it.

May God bless you all and I will see you all soon. Til then enjoy the video and know that God is with you no matter what.

Keep my family in your prayers. Thank you. :)




Psalm 37:5-7



Job was a man who certainly knew trouble and temptation, and yet he boldly claimed, "Though He slay me, I will hope in Him" (Job 13:15). That is commitment. Job had lost his children, his fortune, and his health, but he refused to abandon faith in God. The stricken man was determined to hold on because he trusted the Lord to do right.

Unwavering commitment to trust the Lord in all situations is a cornerstone of unshakable faith. From the vantage point of that foundation, we can focus our eyes upon God alone. It is easy to be distracted by circumstances and allow them to dictate our emotions. But if that's the case, then when life is good, we're happy; when times are tough, we're frustrated; and when hardship pours in, we're downright miserable and looking for escape.

Unlike Job, we are fortunate to have Scripture, which reveals God's nature and promises. And it is a wise believer who claims those promises when enduring hardship. For His Word tells us that our Father is always good, always just, always faithful, and always trustworthy. When we take our eyes off the whirl of day-to-day activity and concentrate on honoring Him and following in His way, we find a consistent peace that carries us through both plenty and poverty.

In order to hold on to God through any trial or temptation, commit to trust and follow Him all of your days. Lay claim to His promises: The unchanging Lord and Savior (Heb. 13:8) is committed to caring for you in all circumstances (1 Peter 5:7) and will never leave or forsake you (Heb. 13:5).

By Tracy

17 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

I am so sorry to hear this Leticia.

My prayers are with you and your father.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I know precisely where you are now. I've been there; I lost my father in 2009 and it still affects me. My heart and prayers are with you.

BZ

Darth Bacon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Debonair Dudes World said...

My prayers go out to your family Leticia..

Darth Bacon said...

You and your family are in my prayers God Bless.

Radical Redneck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Radical Redneck said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your Dad,and all of your family during this sad time. God Bless y'all.

Right Truth said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. Depend on God to carry you through this terrible time. I feel your pain. My mother died in early 2001 and my dad right before September 11, 2001. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttrutht.typepad.com

Jersey McJones said...

My sincere condolences, Leticia. All my nest wishes to you and yours.

JMJ

Anita Davis said...

My heart goes out to you and your family as well Leticia. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Always On Watch said...

Leticia,
Oh, I'm so sorry!

As one who has lost both her parents (Mom in 1987 and Dad in 1998), I know the sorrow only too well.

May the Lord grant you consolation and peace. It will take time, but He will help you get through this.

Always On Watch said...

Leticia,
I know that the New Year is a year beginning with sorrow -- for you personally, that is.

You are in my prayers.

Teresa said...

I am so sorry Leticia. You, your dad, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

christian soldier said...

Peace Be With YOU-in your grief- My Friend--
Carol-CS

The Local Malcontent said...

Leticia, you have our deep sympathy and condolences, but remember (and I'm sure you will), that this parting, this death is merely temporary, and that someday all will be together again in Jesus Christ.
Our prayers to you, your family-

Bob said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know that even though we supposedly have our entire lives to prepare for such things, we are never ready. Know that God will help you through these times.

Leticia said...

THANK YOU for the prayers and well wishes. My new post has some good news!