Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday to me...



Now that's how to play Happy Birthday! Rock on!!

So, today I am officially 42-years-old and I still feel like a kid inside. I am enjoying a quiet day. Got off from work at noon and proceeded to treat myself to a Japanese Hibachi steak lunch, white mocha latte from my favorite coffee shop, and sitting here just savoring the quiet house. No husband or kids, no loud tv's blaring, just wonderful quiet.

Yep, that's the life. One more hour and the chaos begins. I could go for a molten chocolate cake or some brownies, though.....

See you all tomorrow with some more politics, or may be not? Tune in and find out what interesting things I might come up with.


10 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

Happy Birthday! And you don't look anything close to even 40.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! Good for you, going out and getting the lunch etc. you want and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Like you, I still feel like I'm 20 years old inside. I don't think the number means too much, it is your health, your attitude toward life, etc. that is more important.

Mmmmmm, chocolate!

Have a good one.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Leticia said...

Silver, thanks! I have been told I still look like I'm in my 20's. That's a huge compliment. I don't see it, but hey, who am I to argue?

Debbie, exactly right. We feel young and don't have to act like we are old ladies. My husband did surprise me with a big bag of Ghiradelli dark chocolates, yummmy.

Jersey McJones said...

Happy Birthday Leticia. I just had mine a few weeks ago. Ol' Jersey is just a little bittle older than you. Now of course, my liver is 77, my heart is 66, my speed is 55, and my age is almost... Ugh...

Just the same, I thought you were younger from your appearance. Good for you!

Happy Birthday, JMJ

Leticia said...

Jersey, thank you so much! And happy belated birthday, to you. I hope you had a great day.

christian soldier said...

42 years old and treating yourself-
GREAT!! : -)

As to that cake--some-place near you must have the one you like - you deserve it ...

Carol-Christian Soldier

Magpie said...

Happy Birthday.

"surely the best of times"... to quote a famous Vulcan.

jez said...

happy birthday for yesterday! 42 is the new 24. ;)

Always On Watch said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Leticia!

I wasn't on the web much yesterday, so I'm late with my wishes.

Leticia said...

Carol, a friend of mine is throwing a birthday party for myself and another friend this Saturday.

Magpie, thanks!! Love Star Trek quotes, of course. You rock!

Jez, I will gladly and happily accept that. Nice!!

AOW, thank you my friend.