Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Something to think about

THE OLD PATHS 

I liked the old paths, when
Moms were at home.
Dads were at work.
Brothers went into the army.
And sisters got married BEFORE having children!

Crime did not pay;
Hard work did;
And people knew the difference.

Moms could cook;
Dads would work;
Children would behave.

Husbands were loving;
Wives were supportive;
And children were polite.

Women wore the jewelry;
And Men wore the pants.

Women looked like ladies;
Men looked like gentlemen;
And children looked decent.

People loved the truth,
And hated a lie.

They came to church to get IN,
Not to get OUT!

Hymns sounded Godly;
Sermons sounded helpful;
Rejoicing sounded normal;
And crying sounded sincere.

Cursing was wicked;
Drugs were for illness.


The flag was honored;
America was beautiful;
And God was welcome!

We read the Bible in public;
Prayed in school;
And preached from house to house.

To be called an American was worth dying for;
To be called an American was worth living for;
To be called a traitor was a shame!


I still like the old paths the best! 


12 comments:

Always On Watch said...

The world was a better place with those standards, huh?

dmarks said...

I really like MOST of that.

However, I strongly support the Dads who cook. And the Sisters who go into the army.

Leticia said...

AOW, right.

Dmarks, hey, I love that my husband does the cooking... agreed.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I was both father and mother to my four sons, so I had to know how to cook, sew, wipe a runny nose, etc.

But I still miss the old ways.

Mustang said...

Me, too Leticia ... me too.

WomanHonorThyself said...

love this Letic!!! Have a beautiful weekend my friend!:)

Bd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Those were the good ole days... I love and miss the old ways.

I love that my husband helps me do the laundry :-)

Leticia said...

Abouna, you win father of the year! That's pretty awesome. Job well done.

Mustang, right.

Angel, you too, sweetie!

Teresa, my husband will only help with washing towels, but that's a lot to do. Husbands do come in handy sometimes.

MK said...

To be fair, it wasn't all roses and what not in the old days, but there were better standards and we didn't have so many of the problems back then that we have today.

And in summary, they had it far worse than we did and they did a better job of overcoming their adversities than we are doing today.

Perhaps what it takes for us to rise up is worse than what we have now.

Silverfiddle said...

Did you write that Leticia?

I long for the old ways as well...

But I am a cooking husband, on the grill. It's gotta involve fire, outside and a beer in my hand...

Leticia said...

MK, no it wasn't a bed of roses but things made a lot more sense. And people were ruled by values, etc.

Silver, no, I didn't write this, it was an e-mail I received and I thought it was great.

Wow! Husbands that cook, that's fantastic.