Monday, March 1, 2010

NCAA squashes pro-family message - the censorship of Christians continues

The ad to the left features a father holding his young son and saying, "All I want for my son is for him to grow up knowing how to do the right thing."

The tag line: "Celebrate Family. Celebrate Life."

This Focus on the Family ad, believe it or not, has been yanked off the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) website for one simple reason: Focus on the Family supports natural marriage, believing that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.

The NCAA, who apparently believes only in selective diversity - "Christians need not apply" - has censored this ad after homosexual activists complained.

Look at the message again. By scrubbing this ad, is the NCAA saying we want our sons to grow up knowing how to do the wrong thing? With the number of NCAA athletes who get in trouble with the law every week, you'd think the NCAA would enthusiastically support a message which urges fathers to be great role models for their sons and athletes-to-be.

Are NCAA officials saying that they celebrate divorce rather than intact families? That they celebrate death instead of life? That they don't want fathers to be involved with their sons? What is remotely objectionable about the message in this ad?

NCAA officials even went so far as to say that even if the message was okay, they'd have to spike it because of the messenger.

In other words, the NCAA is telling America that it has no room in its view of diversity for voices of faith and family.
I am not surprised by this at all, it seems that almost every organization is embracing the homosexual agenda and their vile lifestyle. Who cares that it has horrid ramifcations to our youth that it undermines traditional marriage and unfortunately most of those relationships can result in incurable diseases, however, that is also the case for those who embrace lose promiscious lifestyles.
Here is a postive message and the liberals want to tear it to shreds. What is wrong with a child being held by his daddy? Family is the foundation of this world. God created marriage and this is more than likey why liberals HATE marriage, because if is of God Almighty.
Let the NCAA know that you oppose its lack of diversity and its exclusion of people of faith.

James Barker, Chairman
NCAA
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222
Phone: 317-917-6222
Fax: 317-917-6888
E-Mail: James Barker, NCAA

17 comments:

Z said...

Oh, my GOSH, good find. It says nothing about abortion, NOTHING..just do the right thing and celebrate families and life! Is the word LIFE only to mean ANTI ABORTION!? HA!
Gee, I thought the left's idea of two mommies or three daddies was a FAMILY, too..they're not against THAT, I'll BET !? heh

Debbie said...

We can vote with our pocket books, not watch the show. Plus writing and calling might help, if enough people follow through.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Leticia said...

Z, in their eyes, we are the odd ones out. Makes you sick.

Debbie, you got that right. Nothing hurts more than losing money.

Silverfiddle said...

This is sickening, Leticia. Where's the ACLU on this one???

Anonymous said...

Is there anything homosexuals aren't complaining about?

Honestly ... we need a break from all this politically correct crapolla. What is wrong with fathers wanting their children to grow up knowing how to do the right thing?

Oh well, I can see were homosexuals might not want to see that happen. Never mind. I must have dozed off for a moment.

Mustang

Karen Howes said...

Makes sense to me, Leticia. They are against both family and life, after all. 'Nuff said.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

In a couple of days, I will be posting a Lenten message that shows homosexuality for the evil it is.

MK said...

"Who cares that it has horrid ramifcations to our youth that it undermines traditional marriage and unfortunately most of those relationships can result in incurable diseases...."

Those are consequences, and the left just don't do consequences, either that or they know fully well the destruction leads to and want it just for that.

MInTheGap said...

It reminds me of the Tim Tebow ad during the Superbowl. On the face of it, there was nothing that was objectionable to even a pro-choice person-- it was just the people behind it that they claimed to have an issue with.

To be honest, though, I'm not sure how tolerant we would be about hosting a message from a satantist on our blog even if the message was just "do a good deed today" because of the message.

What the NCAA is saying is that they don't want the kind of people that Focus on the Family is representing them.

That's fine. The appropriate response would be "well, then I don't have to participate in NCAA brackets, go to their games, or let my children participate..."

Or, like you've suggested, writing to them and ask just what it is that is objectionable about them and their message.

Leticia said...

Kurt, the ACLU will remain silent when it comes to anyone offending Christians.

Mustang, the libs are bound and determined to destroy the traditional family. I am also sick and tired of the pc garbage.

Karen, yep, in a nutshell.

Looking forward to your post Abouna.

MK, they have never cared about consequences only to shove their sick agenda down our throats.

MIn, I would be utterly shocked to hear a Satanist say that, however, if they actually had something intellectual and positive to say I would hear it. I have had several people get ugly with me on my blog and I have allowed it. The only time I will delete a comment if it is vulgar or has profanity, etc.

MInTheGap said...

I think there's a difference between letting a comment through that you disagree with and it's attributed to someone else, verses having advertising on your site (showing you give approval to them) or having an atheist write a post for you on a topic.

One is letting them have a voice, the other is approving of what they're saying.

Leticia said...

MIn, as you know I am not shy about sharing my thoughts, but I think people have the right to speak their mind, and as long as it is not offensive, why not allow it? That has nothing to do with approval, it is just courtesy and also a wonderful way of reaching out to the lost and unsaved.

I hope I understood what you were saying.

MInTheGap said...

I guess it's just that I've wrestled with this very question about advertising on my site Is This Modest.

A large base of modest clothing comes from Islamic and Mormon people. Should I direct people to overtly Islamic companies? Mormon?

A majority of the people I talked with thinking through this said "no." It's not that they were bad clothes, it was that it was seen as supporting their religion-- which as a Christian I don't hold to.

In your opinion, should I have allowed the advertising?

Layla said...

Hon, will you welcome me back?

The Hill Chronicles, Returns...

http://thehillchroniclesreturns.blogspot.com/

Liz

Leticia said...

MIn, as for advertising, I that would be a definite "no" for me as well. That does make a huge difference.

Leticia said...

MIn, as for advertising, I that would be a definite "no" for me as well. That does make a huge difference.

MInTheGap said...

Agreed-- so how is that different from the NCAA rejecting an ad from who they consider homophobes and anti-choicers?

Focus on the Family is an ad, and by displaying it they were linking themselves to FF. Just because we agree with FF doesn't mean that everyone does.