Friday, October 23, 2009

Swiss Courier blog tour

My gosh! Where to even begin to describe this fantastic, awesome, powerful book. If you are a WWII fan this is one of the best books to read. I cannot even begin to articulate the thrill ride.

At first, I had to try and keep track of all the characters and swing to the front to make sure who I was reading about, I must thank Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorky for supplying that for the readers, it came in handy.

The entire book is about a young woman who becomes a spy. She risks her life to help the cause against Hitler. This book had me on the edge of my seat so much suspense. Many little surprises on the way. I cannot divulge too much on this or I would spoil the book. It is a definite must read. I learned a lot of history and some truly heinous acts of the Gestapo. How wicked those vile people were. In one area I burst out loud and said, "NO!" It cannot be Father!?

I want to personally thank LitFuse, for providing a copy of Swiss Courier for me to review. I cannot thank them enough for the wonderful opportunity given to me.

ABOUT THE BOOK: It is August 1944 and the Gestapo is mercilessly rounding up suspected enemies of the Third Reich. When Joseph Engel, a German physicist working on the atomic bomb, finds that he is actually a Jew, adopted by Christian parents, he must flee for his life to neutral Switzerland. Gabi Mueller is a young Swiss-American woman working for the newly formed American Office of Strategic Services (the forerunner to the CIA) close to Nazi Germany. When she is asked to risk her life to safely "courier" Engel out of Germany, the fate of the world rests in her hands. If she can lead him to safety, she can keep the Germans from developing nuclear capabilities. But in a time of traitors and uncertainty, whom can she trust along the way? This fast-paced, suspenseful novel takes readers along treacherous twists and turns during a fascinating--and deadly--time in history.


About author: Tricia Goyer is the author of several books, including Night Song and Dawn of a Thousand Nights, both past winners of the ACFW's Book of the Year Award for Long Historical Romance. Goyer lives with her family in Montana. To find out more visit her website: http://www.triciagoyer.com/














Mike Yorkey is the author or coauthor of dozens of books, including the bestselling Every Man's Battle series. Married to a Swiss native, Yorkey lived in Switzerland for 18 months. He and his family currently reside in California.To find out more visit his website: http://www.mikeyorkey.com/
Interview with Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey?
Listen HERE!

7 comments:

Amy said...

hey girl, just me popping in to say hi

MK said...

Stopped the krauts from getting nukes, thank heavens for that.

RaDena said...

I thought this had been made into a movie because I remember watching a movie along those lines, but I googled Swiss Courier and tried to find it on Netflix. No luck in either case. Only the book shows up so I guess the movie is only similar to the book.

Sounds like a great read though. Thanks!

Leticia said...

Girls it is an awesome book! I highly recommend it.

Karen Howes said...

Sounds like a fantastic book, Leticia, will definitely look for it. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Leticia said...

Thanks Karen, you too!

Anonymous said...

Leticia ...

Did you read Leslie's book? Go to my page and you can clink on link on my right-hand sidebar.

Semper Fi

Mustang