Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Victory in Texas!! GOODBYE PLANNED PARENTHOOD!

Texans boot Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood has been shut down in the Texas panhandle.

American Life League's (ALL) Stop Planned Parenthood, or
Stopp International, says it took a long time, but their campaign against Planned Parenthood finally got some results. "For 12 years in the Texas panhandle, there has been a fight against Planned Parenthood," he notes. "Planned Parenthood, in 1997, operated 19 clinics in the Texas panhandle."

Then the state reduced funding for the organization, and pro-life workers also continued in their efforts to shut Planned Parenthood's doors. "And as of December 31, there will no longer be any Planned Parenthood offices in the Texas panhandle," Sedlak explains. "They will all be gone."

The two remaining clinics in Amarillo have disaffiliated with the national organization. Sedlak says other cities can accomplish the same goal if they are determined, and information on that is available on the Stopp website.

Omigosh!! This is fantastic!!! You see we can make a difference if we continue to fight against the immorals of this nation!

Praise God! For the many of thousands, millions even, of babies that will not be brutally butchered in these slaughter houses.

This is truly a day for celebration and I applaud Texas for this miraculous victory!

13 comments:

Gary said...

WOW!

That is phenominal news in light of the 'progressive' trend our nation seems to be following.

Thanks Leticia for posting this. Great story!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I won't celebrate too quickly, the Supreme Court could step in an order that Planned Parenthood be re-instated.

Until if and when that happens, I thank God for every small victory.

Liz said...

Leticia I am so sorry but I have been so busy this holy holiday season. I am behind on visiting but I am trying. It does not help either that a dear friend died Christmas morning unexpectedly I found out while calling to wish her a Merry Christmas back home in Chicago. I spoke to her a few weeks ago, knew she was sick, but never dreamed she was going to die, ad least so soon. So forgive me if I have not been around as much. I did not forget you hun, I promise. You are a sister in the Lord and I love you!

This is wonderful news Leticia. Now if we can do this in all the states of the union we will really be seeing a huge victory.

Kerri said...

That is good. It is nice to see steps in the right direction.

Karen Howes said...

Wonderful news, Leticia! And how fitting that this should come down during the Feast of the Nativity of our great God and Savior.

This should remind us that:

1. Good triumphs over evil, even though it often seems to be the other way around and

2. We have to stand up against evil in order for that to happen.

A very happy New Year to you. :-)

Gayle said...

I live in Texas but haven't been watching the news lately, not even the local news, so I guess that's why I missed this, Leticia. WOW! Now if only the rest of Texas would follow suit and set an example for other states. Of course there are some states that will never follow suit, but this has at least shown the more conservative states that it can be done.

Thanks for the Christmas and New Year's gift, Leticia. I'll update my post and leave a link back to you. :)

Amy Proctor said...

I wish the entire state were Planned Parenthood free, but it's fantastic that the panhandle has rid itself of PP.

I would love to see the rest of the country follow suit. If abortion were up to the states as the Constitution says laws should remain, we'd see more states out lawing abortion.

mksviews said...

Wow, that is good news, thanks for telling us Leticia. I wouldn't even have thought that would be possible.

Happy new year to you and your readers by the way. May it be a better year for us conservatives.

Leticia said...

It really is the most wonderful news and it gives me hope that not all has been lost.

I cannot begin to imagine all the babies that will get the chance to live.

I hope and pray each and every one of you new has the Happiest New Year!

Leticia said...

It really is the most wonderful news and it gives me hope that not all has been lost.

I cannot begin to imagine all the babies that will get the chance to live.

I hope and pray each and every one of you new has the Happiest New Year!

Amy Proctor said...

Happy New Year!

Mary said...

This is AWESOME news!!! Christians are alive and well in America...well, more than we're led to believe anyway!

I'm getting caught up on all your news...I haven't been watching any media, so feel very "dumb" about the Gaza attacks...yikes!

Amy said...

Brilliant Leticia! Let's hope other states follow suit.