Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oprah biased as usual...

GOP WOMEN'S GROUP BOYCOTTS 'OPRAH' FOR REFUSING TO BOOK PALIN


The Florida Federation of Republican Women has launched a boycott against Oprah Winfrey’s TV show and magazine because the talk queen has said she will not have Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Democrat Barack Obama — whom Winfrey is supporting for president — was on “Oprah” twice before he announced his run for president, in January 2005 and in October 2006. Winfrey has said she will have neither party’s candidates on her show while they are running for their respective offices.

But the 58-year-old federation, which has 4,500 members, says Winfrey should have Palin on her show now, given how important the Alaska governor’s run is for women.

“She is an icon, and set her herself up to be such a women’s rights and women’s issues person. To have the first vice president of our lifetime on the Republican ticket being a woman and to sit it out regardless of what her personal political beliefs were was disingenuous, we felt,” the group’s First Vice President Cindy Graves told “FOX & Friends” on Wednesday morning.

Graves, 50, says she used to watch “Oprah” and occasionally bought her magazine. She told FOXNews.com that the group has been joined by women all over the country since launching the boycott last Saturday.

“People from Southern California, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Rhode Island, just about every state in the union. We’ve also had a tremendous response from Democrats and Independents who are supporting McCain, and Hillary supporters,” she said.

Asked whether the boycott is affecting Oprah’s TV ratings and magazine subscriptions, Graves said Winfrey is “keeping that quiet.”

A spokeswoman for Oprah’s company, Harpo Productions, said Harpo would have no comment on the boycott, and said Harpo is not at liberty to give out ratings information for “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” which is syndicated by CBS Paramount Television, or subscription information for O, The Oprah Magazine, which is owned by Hearst.

Winfrey reacted strongly on Friday to a report posted on the Drudge Report that she and “a couple of her top people are adamantly” against booking Palin on her show.

“The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue,” Winfrey said in a statement sent to news organizations in reaction to the Drudge Report’s posting. “There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.”

Before Obama became a candidate, Winfrey used her show to introduce him to America’s women voters, and she has endorsed and campaigned with the Democratic nominee. She also was very visible at Obama’s nomination acceptance speech in Denver last month.

Winfrey and her executive producer, Sheri Salata, both donated the maximum $2,300 contribution to Obama’s campaign during the primary season.

According to the Drudge Report, Winfrey’s staff is sharply divided on booking Palin.
“Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on,” an unidentified source told Drudge.


“Oprah’s Web site is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama.”

Since I am not a huge fan or even a fan of Oprah her opinion or show means absolutely nothing to me. But I know that a lot of women look up to this very liberal woman who believes you can get to heaven many ways, has some influence over her millions of viewers.

I am glad to see that these strong Republican women are not afraid to tell it straight and point out what a liar Oprah is.

6 comments:

MK said...

Nice to see more and more people waking up to the bias, double standards and elitism in public figures. It's been a long, long time coming.

Forget cat amongst the pigeons, booyah, Palin is like throwing the weasels between the lioness and her cubs.

On a side note Leticia, thought you should know, when you leave comments at my blog, you've somehow put your blog name as ending with ".net" when it should be ".com". I suppose i don't have a vast readership, but i just thought if someone were to click on your blog from one of your comments it won't work unless they know to change it to ".com".

Amy said...

Ever since I saw the video on youtube of Oprah denying Christ I've been an anti-fan of hers. I thought that Obama had been on her show and think it's extremely biased of her. Sure has a talk show host, if you can call her that now, she should be practicing unfavouritsm especially when it involves her beliefs etc.

Father Gregori said...

People like Oprah are legends in their own minds, and as far as I am concerned, their opinions don't mean squat.

MInTheGap said...

I have to be consistent-- it's Oprah's show and she can choose to have or not have anyone on she wants by any standard she wants.

But if you're still watching her after all of her creation of a new church, polluting the Gospel, featuring new age material, and supporting Sen. Obama publicly, then sure, stop watching her now because of Palin.

Leticia said...

MK, thanks, I could have sworn I was typing .com. Good to know. Quite frankly I never cared for the opinion of celebrities, so her opinion is nothing to me.

Aimz, I remember seeing it too and it was disgusting how she treated the one Chrisitan that stood her ground.

Abouna, how right you are. She is completely enamored of herself and I am glad people are smartening up.

MIn, actually I am not a fan and I never, ever watch the show. I got this bit of news from Fox news as I was reading some of the headlines. Just wanted to see how my loyal readers would respond.

Gayle said...

You're loyal readers are probably responding exactly as you thought they would, Leticia.

I don't watch Oprah either. I watched her years ago when she first started out, then she seemed to get more and more liberal and wierd, so I quit watching her altogether.

She did have Obama on her show. She introduced him when he first decided to run, at leat that's what I read, so if it's true she is indeed being a hypocrite. No surprise there!