Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good grief!

Well, here I am living in a hotel. Last Tuesday, at 4 am, our toilet flooded our whole house, except for two rooms in the back.

Luner woke up screaming and so I ran to find out what he was screaming about and ran into at least 3 inches of water!! Luner must have gotten up to use the bathroom and discovered all of the water and it freaked him out and then freaked me out!

So, I called our insurance company and they sent someone out that day, we have a lot of water damage! All the carpet and tile has to come out and be replaced, we stayed in our house the first two nights but it became unbareable with all of the fans going on and all the carpets torn apart not to mention the smell of wet nasty carpet. Apparently the last person who used the bathroom did not realize the toilet was running, so it was hours before it was discovered.

I am on the mend, health wise, but dreading all of the doctor bills. So much for us celebarating Easter tomorrow, I am disappointed for our boys. I bought some huge baskets that were discounted from last year.

I am completely trusting in God and feel that this may be a huge blessing in disguise, they are finding a lot of mold under our carpets and inside our walls so it is all being taken care of! This may help us to get healthier. No more carpets for us; and my bathroom is going to be completely remodeled because everything has to go.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! I will touch base soon!

9 comments:

Phyllis said...

I WOULD SAY TOO A BLESSING IN DISGUISE. GOD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. AND HE WILL MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE DOCTOR BILLS TO GET PAID...
HE OWNS THE CATTLE ON A THOUSAND HILLS, AND HOW MUCH MORE HE CARES FOR YOU AND YOUR PRECIOUS FAMILY.
DO YOU HAVE ANY MEDICAL INSURANCE?
THE BIBLE SAYS NOT TO WORRY OR FRET, BUT GOD DID NOT GIVE YOU A SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT LOVE, POWER AND A SOUND MIND. HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. NO MATTER WHAT..
SOMETIMES IT LOOKS SO BLEAK, WE CAN'T SEE AHEAD LIKE GOD DOES... AND HE ALWAYS WORKS THINGS OUT. HE IS NEVER LATE, BUT ALWAYS ON TIME.
I HAD TO MEET A BILL ONE TIME, AND I DIDN'T HAVE ALL THE MONEY I NEEDED. I PRAYED, AND COULD SEE FARTHER PAST MY NOSE.. AND I HAD TO WAIT FOR MY CK, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN I WENT TO THE MAIL BOX ONE DAY, HERE THERE WAS A CK. GOD IS NEVER LATE... I PRAISE AND JUST THANKED HIM FOR WHAT HE HAD DONE... NORMALLY I WOULD HAVE HAD TO WAIT.. SO GOD KNOWS AND SEE'S WHAT WE NEED AND WHEN.
AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL HAVE A NICE EASTER TOO....
YES WE HAVE LOT OF SNOW AGAIN. IT WAS MELTING SO NICE WITH A FEW WARMER DAYS... IT IS COLDER AGAIN TODAY TOO..
SPRING WILL BE HERE ONE DAY... THEN IN THE SUMMER IT GET SO HOT AND HUMID, I DON'T LIKE THAT EITHER. HA HA
YOU HAVE A BLESSED EASTER, AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR BILLS OR ANYTHING. LEAVE IT ALL IN THE HANDS OF GOD. HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH ALL THIS... HE WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.....
JUST THANK HIM FOR ALL YOUR BLESSING, IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.
THANK HIM AND GIVE HIM PRAISE, YOUR GOING TO COME OUT JUST FINE.
GOD BLESS AND LOVE YOU

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!

what a mess!!!

thank goodness for insurance

Im praying for you
it will be good if you dont have to live with mold growing in your house its not healthy

Happy Easter Leti my thoughts and prayers are with you my dear friend
Jen

Amy Proctor said...

Blessings, Leticia. Thank God you can afford a hotel right now! Everything will work out and you can still celebrate Easter, although it certainly won't be the same in terms of your traditions with the kids. Tell us how it works out.

Love ya!

Amy said...

Girl, I'm still praying for you here to get better. Sorry about Easter - that stinks (no pun intended). Hey, at least you have insurance.

Abouna said...

Leticia; What you have is a blessing in disguise. Mold under your carpets and in the walls! That can cause all sorts of sever health problems.

God was smiling on you, even if it may not seem like it right now.

You and yours are in my prayers.

Mary said...

OH man, what a night that must have been, and how depressing initially! But I'm so glad insurance is going to give you a makeover...isn't that crazy how something so catastrophic can turn around to be a good thing? Kind of like God works sometimes.

I hope ins. is covering the hotel! If I were you, I'd just enjoy it! ;)

Princess Jami said...

Leticia, when you are able to live in your house, again, I think you will recover much more quickly from your pleurisy once all that mold is gone! Ick!! Hope the hotel is being good to you, and that you were able to celebrate Easter with the boys, yesterday. *hug*

Jana B said...

Ohhhhhh... *hug*

I hope they get your house fixed up soon, better than ever!

Amy Proctor said...

Blessings, Leticia! I hope you're doing well! Hotel living can be fun for a while. The kids especially think its fun.